Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Maybelline XXL Volume Mascara



Maybelline XXL Volume Mascara


As you will begin to notice, I am a connoisseur of mascaras.. ha ha, always trying to find just the perfect one for my imperfect, barely there, straight lashes. So today I am introducing to you a new mascara that I have tried. It's the XXL Volume Mascara. The XXL Volume Mascara is the one that comes in the red and black tube as you can see. The colour of the mascara that I picked is 521 Very Black, and I really love the colour of it. It's perfect. This mascara comes with two sides, one with a microfiber (white side) and one with the mascara black side). Both sides have the perfect size wand as well. I really am not a lover of huge wands... they really don't fit my eyelids well, but these are the perfect size and you can coat each lash very easy.




STEP 1 - Sweep microfiber basecoat onto lashes to build dramatic volume. This is the white fiber side that you see on the wand. It's very easy to apply, and really does build up volume on your lashes. I only applied one coat of this and did not wait too long for it to dry.




STEP 2 - Follow with microfiber topcoat to lock on super-intense colour. This is the mascara side. It really does build up the volume and gives your lashes an extra WOW factor. I applied two coats of this, but ... with just one coat you can manage with long lashes, for me, I love the false lash effect without the false lashes, so I added an extra coat and got a WOW factor of false lashes without wearing false lashes. I LOVED it!!


Overall...  The primer (microfiber, or white side) does add length and volume
Mascara adds length and volume
defines my lashes quite well
inexpensive
not super wet or super dry, it's perfect
doesn't flake or transfer under the eye (raccoon eyes)
doesn't clump
lasts all day
removes very easily with make up remover

I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for extra volume in their lashes without wearing false lashes, or for those that can not wear false lashes for some reason.
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention , it's contact lens safe and ophthalmologist tested.


Coming up next: A review on the Maybelline XXL Extensions Waterproof Mascara!! Keep a lookout for that.


Wishing all my wonderful friends a really beautiful day!!


Hugs & Kisses
Love,




Purchased at my local Wal-Mart for $9.97 Regular Price


8 comments:

  1. Hello Shelley!
    Don't worry about your Italian, there are many sites on which to translate, then write what you want easily! :) I'm glad you liked my blog, but yours is not bad at all! Replacement registration, a big kiss from me and go whenever you want! Until next time! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Rita,

    Thank you so much for the compliment, it's very kind of you, and also for the visit, it's so nice to see you. I'm very happy that you like my blog, it means a lot to me.

    Thank you for following me as well.

    I also subbed to your YouTube Channel as well. I love the make up brushes that you had there, they are very pretty in the pink colours.. ha ha, I have never seen brushes like that before.. they are very different and very pretty.

    Have a really beautiful day Bella.

    Hugs & Kisses,
    Love,
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehi! thanks for the comment on my blog.. I had this mascara some time ago, and I loved it!!
    hope to see you in Orange_G_World soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ciao Shelley, thank you for the comment to my blog, i follow you as well, ... you escuse my english, it's 10 years passed i don't speek and wrote it. Reading your post makes me wandering,i used in the past Maybeline's mascara and sometimes i was not pleased. But you make me desire this mascara because i hate false lashes. My indecision is because i now Maybeline is testing on animals, and that is cruelty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Orange_G_World,

    It's great to see you stop in for a visit.

    Thank you for following me as well, I love it.

    Yes, this mascara is really great. I will make a post later today about the waterproof kind. It's also really great as well.

    Come back at anytime. I will also see you soon in Orange_G_World. Your blog is very nice. I love the orange colour.

    Have a great day!!

    Hugs & Kisses,
    Love
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Daniela,

    Your very welcome for the comment on your blog, your blog is very beautiful!! Thank you for following me as well... I love it from you.

    Ha ha ha, I love this mascara because it give me the look of false lashes without wearing false lashes... really!! AND I have no worries of my glue falling off, or my single lashes falling off, or my false lashes not sticking... and this mascara .. in just a few coats.. I'm good to go... no worries.

    About animal cruelty... I DON'T like that at all!!! I am not in favour of that at all!! But I sure do love this mascara.. I'm sorry for myself.. ha ha.
    But I also know that all lipsticks contain lanolin whick comes from an animal. I think I should do a blog post about this kind of thing.. mmm ...

    Anyway.. thanks so much for your visit... you are more than welcome to come back... it's a pleasure to see you.

    Have a really great day!!

    Hugs & Kisses,
    Love
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the review!! wow..i have never seen one that is easy to remove!!
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao @Mi_Mi
    Yes... it is very easy to get off, you can use your eye make up remover and it will come off just fine... or you can use some olive oil, that's what I use and its wonderful... the mascara comes off perfectly.
    Hope that helps.
    Have a great day!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete